Freshman forward Greene to enter NBA draft
SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Syracuse freshman forward Donte Greene has declared himself eligible for the NBA draft.
Greene says he made the decision after discussing his future with his family and coach Jim Boeheim.
He led the Orange in scoring at 17.7 points per game, fourth-best in the Big East. He also averaged 7.2 rebounds and led the team in blocks to earn All-Big East rookie team honors.
Boeheim was not available for comment.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Rose late scratch for Team USA's exhibition
- Team USA reserves get shot in rout of D.R.
- Silver: Risks indeed high in international play
- Sources: Durant offer by UA at least $265M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Syracuse Orange #5 Elite White Replica Basketball Jersey