Freshman forward Greene to enter NBA draft
SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Syracuse freshman forward Donte Greene has declared himself eligible for the NBA draft.
Greene says he made the decision after discussing his future with his family and coach Jim Boeheim.
He led the Orange in scoring at 17.7 points per game, fourth-best in the Big East. He also averaged 7.2 rebounds and led the team in blocks to earn All-Big East rookie team honors.
Boeheim was not available for comment.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Lakers talk state of team after rout
- Sources: Knicks, Jackson discussed coaching
- Noah declines to talk about Carmelo 'gossip'
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Youth Syracuse Orange Blue Basketball Performance Hoodie