BYU junior Plaisted entering draft, not hiring agent
Brigham Young junior forward Trent Plaisted will declare for the NBA draft but won't hire an agent, Cougars coach Dave Rose said Thursday.
The 6-foot-11 Plaisted averaged 15.6 points and 7.7 rebounds per game for BYU, the Mountain West Conference champs.
Rose said that Plaisted plans to go through the draft process and wait until the withdrawal date in June before making a final decision. Plaisted, who previously redshirted, would be returning for his fifth season, Rose said.
By not hiring an agent, Plaisted preserves his college eligibility should he decide not to remain in the draft.
Rose said he wasn't surprised that Plaisted decided to declare, considering so many juniors are looking to test the draft process this spring.
Andy Katz is a senior writer for ESPN.com.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Lakers talk state of team after rout
- Sources: Knicks, Jackson discussed coaching
- Noah declines to talk about Carmelo 'gossip'
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's BYU Cougars Blue Basketball Practice Performance T-Shirt