BYU's Plaistead signs with agent, won't be able to return to school
SALT LAKE CITY -- Brigham Young center Trent Plaisted has agreed to sign with an agent, giving up his option to turn to school for his final season of eligibility.
Plaisted announced last month he was entering the NBA draft, but didn't plan to sign with an agent to keep the option of playing at BYU again next season.
Agent Mark Bartelstein said Friday that Plaisted has agreed to sign with Priority Sports and should be officially signed within a day or two.
The 6-foot-11 player averaged 15.6 points and 7.7 rebounds as a junior.
The Salt Lake Tribune reported the deal Thursday.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Nets officially sign Collins for rest of season
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
- 76ers drop 19th straight, on cusp of record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's BYU Cougars Blue Coaches Performance Polo