McNeal pulls out of draft, will return for senior season at Marquette
MILWAUKEE -- Marquette guard Jerel McNeal is withdrawing his name from the upcoming NBA Draft to return for his senior season.
He entered his name for draft consideration in late April, but did not hire an agent.
McNeal said he made his decision Wednesday after weighing all his options.
"I felt it was in my best interest to come back and accomplish some of the goals I have set for myself and get better, both on the court and academically," he said.
Marquette reached the second round of the NCAA tournament before falling to Stanford. McNeal averaged 14.9 points, 3.5 assists and 2.2 steals per game as one of only two Marquette players to start all 35 games.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Jordan rules: 'Cool' with No. 23 for LeBron
- Poll: LeBron's reputation near pre-Decision level
- Scott not wasting time: Lakers must play D
- Noah: Bulls can defeat 'big obstacle' LeBron
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Stockdale Marquette Golden Eagles Team Ribbon Magnet