Roundup: Milicic headed to New York
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni believes he can turn Milicic back into the promising prospect the Detroit Pistons thought they were drafting with the No. 2 pick in 2002. Milicic has shown flashes of promise from time to time, but most of his career has been a huge disappointment.
In New York, the Knicks will ask Milicic to play more like a European center. He'll run the floor, shoot jumpers and even handle the ball a bit. Milicic is capable of all of that but has rarely shown it on the court in the NBA.
For the Grizzlies, they get an athletic wing in Richardson, who can provide some shooting and scoring off the bench, and a little cash for their troubles.
Guard-heavy Wolves ship Lawson to Nuggets
The Nuggets, who lacked a first-round pick for the fourth straight year, landed Lawson in exchange for a first-round pick they had acquired from Charlotte last year.
The Nuggets have long coveted Lawson, who opted to return to school last year and then led the Tar Heels to the national championship.
Denver needed a reserve point guard to spell Chauncey Billups, who tired toward the end of the Nuggets' run to the Western Conference finals last month. Billups will be 33 next season.
NBA Rumor Central
ESPN Insider has the updated buzz from the National Basketball Association rumor mill.
Mavs trade Mullens to Thunder for Beaubois
• The Nuggets traded the rights to Spanish point guard Sergio Llull, their No. 34 pick, to the Rockets for cash considerations.
• The Mavericks acquired 45th pick Nick Calathes from the Timberwolves in exchange for the future second-round pick of the Trail Blazers that the Mavericks obtained in a trade on June 24.
Information from NBA Insider Chad Ford, ESPN.com's Marc Stein and The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Butler pushes Bulls past Pelicans to 6th in row
- KG pulls a Stephenson, blows in West's ear
- Hawks drop Bucks to split home-and-home
- Lowry, Raptors snap Clips' home win streak