VCU's Sanders opts to turn pro
RICHMOND, Va. -- Virginia Commonwealth forward Larry Sanders says he is skipping his final year of eligibility to enter the NBA draft.
The 6-foot-11 Sanders made the announcement Friday. He says he plans to hire an agent, and when he does will forfeit his option of returning for his senior season.
Sanders averaged 14.4 points, 9.1 rebounds and 2.6 this season for the Rams, who finished 27-9 and beat Saint Louis in two games to win the College Basketball Invitational title. Sanders made 53.4 percent of his attempts from the field.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs tame Grizzlies as Waiters steps up late
- Davis leads Pelicans by Durant-less Thunder
- Westbrook: Lack of passing not problem
- Kings pull away from Lakers late, snap skid
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jansport Men's Vcu Rams Tournament Basketball Black T-shirt