Louisville's Samuels enters draft
Louisville forward Samardo Samuels will enter the NBA draft but will not hire an agent.
Samuels, a 6-foot-9 sophomore, led the Cardinals in scoring, averaging 15.3 points as well as seven rebounds a game.
"After lengthy conversations with Samardo and his family, they would like to have him test the waters with the NBA draft," Louisville coach Rick Pitino said. "He will not hire an agent and I will orchestrate his NBA visits from my office. I have reviewed the status where Samardo stands at this time and all aspects of the process with his family. I respect his family's wishes to test the waters and support them 100 percent."
Samuels helped the Cardinals to an NCAA tournament bid and was one of two players to start in all 33 of the team's games, joining senior guard Edgar Sosa.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Short-handed Spurs slip past Curry, Warriors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Louisville Cardinals Black Point Guard Basketball Shorts