Babbitt hires agent, declares for draft
RENO, Nev. -- Nevada sophomore Luke Babbitt says he has hired an agent and is foregoing his final two years of college eligibility to enter the 2010 NBA draft.
The 6-foot-9, 225-pound forward, who was named an honorable mention All-American this year by The Associated Press, says in a statement released by the university Tuesday that he wants to pursue his lifelong dream of playing pro basketball.
Babbitt says it was a difficult decision. The Western Athletic Conference's player of the year ranked ninth in the nation in scoring this past season, averaging 21.9 points per game.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Short-handed Spurs slip past Curry, Warriors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Nevada Basketball Court Sign