Freshman forward Gallon entering draft
NORMAN, Okla. -- Forward Tiny Gallon plans to enter the NBA draft after one season at Oklahoma.
Gallon announced his decision Tuesday night in a statement released by the school, saying he decided to turn pro after speaking with his mother and Sooners coach Jeff Capel. The statement did not indicate whether Gallon intends to hire an agent.
Oklahoma opened an internal investigation after TMZ.com reported that Gallon had taken a $3,000 wire transfer from a Florida financial adviser. That investigation is ongoing.
Gallon averaged 10.3 points and 7.9 rebounds this past season, the fourth-highest rebounding average for a freshman at Oklahoma.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe: Debut not really as 'bad as I thought'
- Cousins powers Kings to win over Mavericks
- Kings get 'proven scorer' Gay from Raptors
- Report: Kidd used '13-letter word' on Frank
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Oklahoma Sooners Crimson Full-Zip Basketball Performance Hoodie