Darius Morris declares for draft
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Standout Michigan sophomore guard Darius Morris has declared for the NBA draft, though he has not hired an agent.
Morris is eligible to return for his junior season if he withdraws his name from draft consideration by May 8.
The Los Angeles native helped the Wolverines to a 21-14 record and a trip to the NCAA tournament. He averaged 15 points a game after 4.4 as a freshman. He also set a team record with 235 assists in a season and led the Big Ten with 6.71 per game.
In two seasons at Michigan, Morris has started 53 of 67 games, averaging 9.9 points, 2.9 rebounds and 4.7 assists.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Thunder fire back to rout Lakers in rematch
- Dunleavy, Noah carry Bulls past Rockets
- McHale: Noah is Defensive Player of Year
- Woodson: Jackson would only help Knicks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Michigan Wolverines Alley Oop Youth-Size Basketball