Hoyas' Hollis Thompson opting for draft
WASHINGTON -- Georgetown sophomore Hollis Thompson has entered his name in the NBA draft.
The school said Friday that Thompson is not hiring an agent, which would make him eligible to return if he withdraws his name from draft consideration by May 8.
The Los Angeles native started 22 of 32 games this season, averaging 8.6 points and 4.4 rebounds.
Nicknamed "Hollywood" by his teammates, Thompson lost his starting job in January when coach John Thompson III went with Nate Lubick at power forward to give the team a more physical frontcourt presence. Hollis Thompson became the sixth man, where he thrived as the first option to provide scoring punch off the bench.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Hawks send Cavaliers to 'embarrassing' loss
- Harden plays spoiler in overtime at Denver
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Starring Woes
- Former running mates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade shared in frustration Wednesday with their teams' plights.