Leon Powe joins playoff-minded Grizz
Powe gives the Grizzlies help at forward, where Rudy Gay remains out after dislocating his left shoulder Feb. 15.
The 6-foot-8 Powe averaged 5.0 points and 2.7 rebounds in 14 games for the Cleveland Cavaliers this season before he was waived Feb. 24.
He also brings playoff experience, serving as a key reserve for the Boston Celtics during their 2007-08 championship season.
Memphis now has three players with playoff experience as it makes a run at the postseason. The Grizzlies are eighth in the Western Conference, with a key game Monday against fourth-place Oklahoma City.
Gay is expected to miss at least a month. He is the team's leading scorer, averaging 19.8 points.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Warriors edge Blazers on Thompson's late 3
- Davis' 40 points, 21 boards power Pelicans
- Clips down Cavs for 11th straight
- Allen gets hot late, leads Heat over Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Memphis Grizzlies Applique Banner Flag