Indiana cuts three, Toronto two
Indiana Pacers: Guards Omar Cook and Carl English and forward Michael Smith were cut Sunday by the Indiana Pacers.
Cook, a former high school All-American and St. John's standout, averaged 3.3 points and 1.5 assists in six preseason games. He struggled after an impressive opening game in which he scored 13 points and had two steals in 19 minutes.
Smith, a seven-year veteran who also spent time in Sacramento, Vancouver and Washington, played sparingly in the preseason, averaging 1.5 points. He was trying to make a comeback after spending the past two seasons overseas.
English, a rookie from Hawaii, averaged 3.5 points in six exhibition games.
Toroto Raptors: Toronto cut center Ken Johnson and forward George Williams on Sunday.
Johnson averaged 2.0 points, 2.0 rebounds and 9.8 minutes last season with the Miami Heat.
Williams averaged 3.5 points and 2.6 rebounds in 48 games with the Roanoke Dazzle of the National Basketball Developmental League last season.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Hawks send Cavaliers to 'embarrassing' loss
- Harden plays spoiler in overtime at Denver
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Starring Woes
- Former running mates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade shared in frustration Wednesday with their teams' plights.