Second deal in a month for teams
Brunson is averaging 1.3 points in three games this season and 2.5 points for his seven-year career. Since going undrafted in 1997, the 6-foot-4 guard has been with five teams, including the Bulls during the 2002-03 season.
The 6-5 Mason, drafted in 2002 by the Bulls in the second round, has appeared in 20 games in two seasons, averaging 1.7 points. He has been on the injured list with a strained left groin since early November.
The Bulls initially said Monday they had made a trade that required only the players passing physicals. Chicago then said the trade had not yet been granted league approval.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.