Bobbye Sloan has battled cancer in the past
Longtime assistant Phil Johnson, who took over for Sloan when he served a league-mandated seven-game suspension last season, acted as head coach for the game.
Hired in 1988 by the Jazz, Sloan is in his 16th year with the Jazz, the longest tenured head coach with the same team in professional sports, and has the sixth-best winning percentage in NBA history (62.7 percent).
Bobbye Sloan has battled cancer in the past, but the team was not specific concerning her current ailments.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Love trade talks narrowed to Cavs
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Stern praises Silver for handling of Sterling
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Utah Jazz Gordon Hayward #20 Navy Gametime T-Shirt