Martin, Maggette get same penalty
The players threw punches in the third quarter of the Nets' 92-75 victory Tuesday night, after New Jersey's Martin committed a hard foul on Maggette on a drive.
Maggette appeared to shove Martin to the court, and Martin got up and went after Maggette. Each player threw two punches.
Maggette will serve his suspension during games at Philadelphia on Wednesday and at Toronto on Friday.
Martin will miss the Nets' games at Philadelphia on Friday and against Washington on Jan. 14.
Meanwhile, the Nets on Wednesday waived backup point guard Robert Pack and center Mikki Moore to clear roster space for Eddie Griffin, who was waived by Houston last month and is expected to sign with the Nets this week.
Griffin, a former Seton Hall star and the seventh overall pick in the 2001 draft, is expected to practice with New Jersey on Thursday.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs ink Wiggins; can't trade him for 30 days
- Paul: Sitting out possible if Sterling remains
- Cavs still out front in Love talks, sources say
- Harden's 'cornerstones' belief miffs Parsons
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Los Angeles Clippers Padded Swivel Bar Stool with Back