Raptors center out vs. Clippers
TORONTO -- Raptors rookie center Chris Bosh missed Friday night's game against the Los Angels Clippers with a strained right knee.
Bosh is listed as day to day. He landed awkwardly while going for a rebound in Wednesday's win over Cleveland, clutching his knee before asking to come out. He didn't return.
An MRI exam showed no structural damage.
"I don't think he would be very effective in any way whatsoever," Toronto coach Kevin O'Neill said.
Bosh, the fourth overall pick in the draft, is averaging 10.7 points, 7.2 rebounds and 33 minutes this season.
"If your starting center is out, that's a big blow to your team. I think we're going to miss Chris very much," O'Neill said.
Lonny Baxter replaced Bosh at center.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs ink Wiggins; can't trade him for 30 days
- Paul: Sitting out possible if Sterling remains
- Cavs still out front in Love talks, sources say
- Harden's 'cornerstones' belief miffs Parsons
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Miami Heat Chris Bosh #1 Replica Revolution 30 Black Basketball Jersey