Team avoids paying him for entire season
Grant was approaching the end of his second 10-day contract with the Jazz, who would have been obligated to pay him for the season if they didn't waive him before the contract came up.
Grant did not play in Utah's 93-86 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers on Saturday. He played in 10 games for the Jazz and averaged 2.5 points and 1.7 rebounds.
The Jazz signed the 7-foot center Jan. 1 and waived on Jan. 6. He was signed to a 10-day contract on January 8 and signed to a second 10-day contract on January 18.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: LeBron, Heat meet; no decision yet
- Anthony's agent: He 'hasn't made a decision'
- Parsons signs $45M offer sheet with Mavs
- Popovich, Spurs reach multiyear extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Utah Jazz climalite All NBA Navy Long Sleeve Shirt