Knee limited Garrity to two games
Garrity underwent an arthroscopic procedure in August, but an infection set back the healing process. Another procedure was done in mid-September to "wash out" the knee, he said.
Still experiencing pain, Garrity then had cartilage repaired in his knee Dec. 1 with the possibility of a return in March.
But because the knee is not healing properly, Garrity will have another operation next week. Doctors will drill tiny holes in his patellar tendon and kneecap in hopes of promoting blood flow.
Garrity made 39.6 percent of his 3-point attempts last season, tying him for 17th in the NBA. This year, he had two points in 22 minutes before going on the injured list Nov. 17.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Felton pleads guilty in gun case, spared jail
- Mavs void Lewis contract due to knee issues
- Sources: Bulls join Cavs in Love trade push
- LeBron's makeup for 'chaos': 840 cupcakes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Orlando Magic Gold and Color Mint Coin