Guard says knee not responding to treatment
Williams also missed Tuesday night's game against New Jersey, and it does not sound as though he will be playing soon.
"It's just not responding to anything,'' said Williams, who had surgery on the knee two years ago.
Williams said another surgery is a final option. He said the knee has bothered him all season, but has worsened in recent days.
"I'll die on the court. That's what I want to do. I want to play. If I can't walk at 50 years old that's something I'll deal with then,'' Williams said. "It's the only thing I've ever loved. It's the only thing I've had passion for.''
Williams is averaging 8.9 points and 4.1 assists this season.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Pacers shake early deficit to turn down Heat
- Kobe leads Lakers with 20, but Suns hold on
- Williams returns, powers Nets past Celtics
- Clippers sign veteran F Jackson to contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fan Mats Toronto Raptors Carpet Tiles