Team won't comment until results known
According to the Nets, the results of the exam are still being evaluated and the team will have no further comment until the analysis is complete.
Kidd struggled with his knee down the stretch of the regular season, missing a handful of games in March and April and undergoing two other MRIs.
Kidd said in March that he would put off surgery, if needed, on the knee until after the Nets were eliminated from the playoffs. The Nets, the No. 2 seed in the East, were knocked out in the second round in seven games by the Detroit Pistons.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: LeBron, Heat meet; no decision yet
- Melo continues to mull options, agent says
- Parsons signs $45M offer sheet with Mavs
- Popovich, Spurs reach multiyear extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Brooklyn Nets Pre-Game Grey Pants