'Melo resigned he won't make Olympic team
DENVER -- Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony is pretty sure he will be watching the U.S. Olympic team on television this August.
Anthony said Wednesday he believes the USA Basketball selection committee has moved on without him.
"They've got their mind set on what they want," Anthony told the Rocky Mountain News. "Don't nothing include Carmelo. Nothing in the NBA includes me. You realize that?"
James will play for Team USA in the Aug. 13-29 Athens Games. Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade, another rookie, also is expected to make the team. The roster already includes two small forwards, Shawn Marion and Richard Jefferson.
"I could wait four years for the next one," Anthony said of the Olympics. "Hopefully, I'll be globally known in four years."
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Short-handed Spurs slip past Curry, Warriors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Denver Nuggets Blue Hardwood Classics Scrum T-Shirt