Six-year, $27 million deal on the table
The offer sheet is for six years, $27 million and pays him a flat $4.5 million each year.
Because Hassell is a restricted free agent, the Timberwolves will have 15 days to match the offer from the time they receive it.
Will they match?
"I'm not sure what they're going to do," Bartelstein told Insider. "I know they wanted Trenton back, but I think that's a little bit more than they were hoping to pay."
The signing of Hassell likely kills a proposed trade the Blazers were working on with New Jersey Nets that would have sent Shareef Abdur-Rahim to the Nets in return for Kerry Kittles and Aaron Williams. With recent aquiree Nick Van Exel and Hassell in the backcourt, the Blazers probably don't need a fifth guard.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
- Sources: Lakers offer coaching job to Scott
- Melo: It was 'always Chicago or New York'
- Report: NBA considering 7-day All-Star break
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Minnesota Timberwolves climawarm Black 3-Stripe Pullover Hoodie