Ex-Laker stays with current champs
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- The Detroit Pistons re-signed veteran guard Lindsey Hunter on Friday.
The 33-year-old Hunter returned to Detroit last season after helping the Los Angeles Lakers win the 2002-03 NBA title. He played 33 regular-season games and averaged 3.5 points, 2.0 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 20 minutes.
In 23 playoff games, Hunter averaged 2.4 points, 1.4 rebounds and 11.9 minutes as the Pistons beat the Lakers in the NBA Finals.
Hunter ranks second among the Pistons' career leaders in 3-point field goals attempted (1,929) and 3-pointers made (714).
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Felton pleads guilty in gun case, spared jail
- Mavs void Lewis contract due to knee issues
- Clips' 'bid book' shows Ballmer overpaying
- Sources: Bulls join Cavs in Love trade push
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Detroit Pistons Rodney Stuckey #3 Game Time Blue T-Shirt