7-footer heads west from Atlanta
In 12 games with the Hawks, the 7-foot-1 Przybilla averaged four points, 8.4 rebounds and 1.4 blocked shots. His career averages are 2.1 points, four rebounds and 1.37 blocked shots per game.
"Joel is a young man that has demonstrated the ability to rebound and block shots especially when given the opportunity to play last season in Atlanta," Trail Blazers General Manager John Nash said. "We would welcome those attributes to our team."
Przybilla left the University of Minnesota after two seasons and was chosen ninth in the first round by the Houston Rockets in 2000. He was sent to Milwaukee in a draft-day deal and played three seasons for the Bucks.
He started 62 games in 2001-02.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Sterling, Ballmer have 'friendly' talk
- Carter: LeBron wasn't pushed to Cavaliers
- Kings rally late to claim summer-league title
- LeBron kicks off tour of China with pianist
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Portland Trail Blazers Absolute Red T-Shirt