Point guard decides not to delay knee operation
Williams hasn't played this season after missing the entire preseason. He has been on the injured list since Nov. 1.
Williams underwent arthroscopic surgery in February, but it didn't alleviate the pain. He missed 26 games last season.
He opted to rehab the knee, instead of another operation, by strengthening the muscles around it. He practiced until the pain became unbearable during training camp.
He has averaged 9.1 points and 4.1 assists in seven seasons.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Felton pleads guilty in gun case, spared jail
- Mavs void Lewis contract due to knee issues
- Sources: Bulls join Cavs in Love trade push
- LeBron's makeup for 'chaos': 840 cupcakes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Toronto Raptors Court Runner