Heard will coach while Brown is grounded
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Detroit Pistons coach Larry Brown will miss the team's next two games after doctors advised him traveling could put him at risk for complications after recent hip surgery.
The Hall of Fame coach's doctors told him that traveling to the next two games could put him at risk for complications such as blood clots.
Assistant Gar Heard will coach the team in Brown's absence. Heard went 2-3 when Brown missed two weeks earlier this month after the surgery.
Brown returned to the bench last Wednesday when Detroit defeated Minnesota at home. He also coached the Pistons during their brawl-marred game Friday against Indiana, as well as for Sunday night's home win over Charlotte.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- MJ's 'flu game' shoes shatter auction record
- Doc wins in return as Clippers top Celtics
- Knicks blow 23-point lead but pull out win
- Melo: Woodson 'can't worry about' status
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Woodson fires back" name="Hanging On">
- adidas Men's Detroit Pistons Primary Logo Royal T-Shirt