Identity of man still unknown
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Michigan police say they've gotten some tips on who threw a chair during Friday's NBA brawl.
Auburn Hills police say they haven't yet identified the man, but they're following up on tips and conducting interviews. On Tuesday, the department released a video showing the man believed to have heaved the chair. It hit at least one person.
An Oakland County prosecutor has said players and fans could face misdemeanor assault and battery charges. He says the only possible felony charge would be against whoever threw the chair.
Meantime, officials have released 911 tapes of fans desperately calling for police. One man repeatedly tells the operator, "Get police to the Palace." Another caller urges officials to "hurry up!"
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Lakers offer coaching job to Scott
- Melo: It was 'always Chicago or New York'
- Report: NBA considering 7-day All-Star break
- 'Fortunate' Lakers introduce forward Boozer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Indiana Pacers climalite Practice Navy T-Shirt