Jackson says he won't play for Hornets
A Toledo native and former Ohio State standout, Jackson told The Blade, a Toledo newspaper, that he is not interested in moving to New Orleans, which would be his 11th NBA team in 13 seasons.
Jackson said he was surprised and disappointed by the news of his trade and he isn't interested in starting over.
Jackson was suspended by New Orleans for failing to report following the Dec. 27th trade. He has lost $220,000, or $27,500 per game, for the eight games he has missed. Jackson is scheduled to earn $2.4 million this season.
Jackson said he hopes to be playing for another team soon, although he would not discuss specifics.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Short-handed Spurs slip past Curry, Warriors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Houston Rockets Basketball Mat