Penny just came off IL
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Penny Hardaway sat out the New York Knicks game against Detroit because of a sprained right ankle Saturday, one night after playing for the first time in three weeks.
Hardaway scored 12 points and helped the Knicks beat Cleveland on Friday, but he twisted his ankle in the game. He iced and taped his ankle, and warmed up for Saturday's game, but did not play.
Hardaway, activated before Friday's game, was on the injured list with a hamstring injury. He has played in just 17 games this season, averaging 6.2 points and 2.6 rebounds.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Thunder handle Grizzlies to win at home
- Well off pace: Hawks hammer No. 1 Indiana
- Warriors sink Clippers for Game 1 road win
- Nets claim opener as D-Will has 24
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Women's New York Knicks Charm Watch