Heard will serve as replacement again
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Detroit Pistons coach Larry Brown is out indefinitely after having surgery related to a November hip operation.
When Brown can return will be determined by his doctors, Pistons spokesman Kevin Grigg said Tuesday.
Grigg wouldn't elaborate on Monday's surgery, except to say that it was successful.
The 64-year-old Brown missed six games early in the season after his hip procedure.
Assistant Gar Heard, who went 2-4 in Brown's first absence, again will run the team as long as Brown is unable to coach.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson to Knicks by end of week
- Bynum to make Pacers debut against Celtics
- 76ers lose 17th straight at hands of Knicks
- Heat seal playoff spot behind Wade, LeBron
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Kids' Detroit Pistons Primary Logo Royal Long Sleeve Shirt
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index