Miller 13th player to score 25,000 points
Miller, who is retiring after the season, entered the game against San Antonio needing eight points to join the exclusive club. It didn't take him long.
He scored six points in the first 5:13, then reached the milestone, appropriately, by making two free throws with 2:08 left in the first quarter. When the achievement was announced, fans began chanting "Reg-gie, Reg-gie."
Miller, 39, finished with a game-high 21 points and now has 25,013 for his career. Jerry West is 12th on the all-time scoring list with 25,192.
In 18 seasons with Indiana, Miller is the NBA's all-time leader in 3-pointers (2,533) and is one of six players to log more than 47,000 minutes. He and Utah's John Stockton are the only players to record 47,000 minutes with one team.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Dunleavy, Noah carry Bulls past Rockets
- McHale: Noah is Defensive Player of Year
- Woodson: Jackson would only help Knicks
- D'Antoni rules Nash out for rest of season
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- 5th & Ocean Women's Indiana Pacers Scoop Neck Tri-Blend Gold Long Sleeve Shirt