Douglas was third team all-SEC
Auburn freshman Toney Douglas will declare for the NBA draft but won't retain an agent, Auburn confirmed Monday night.
Douglas wants to see if he could get into the first round before deciding about returning for his sophomore season.
Douglas averaged 16.9 points and 5.3 rebounds for the Tigers this past season. He was a third-team all-SEC guard, only the fourth freshman in Auburn history to receive such an honor.
Douglas scored over 30 points against Nicholls State (38), Virginia (33) and Florida (32) this past season. Douglas also led the Tigers to a first-round SEC tournament upset of Vanderbilt with 23 points and 10 rebounds.
Douglas isn't considered a first-round pick by NBA personnel, meaning that if Douglas sticks by his word then he would return to the Tigers for his sophomore season.
Andy Katz is a senior writer at ESPN.com.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Pacers shake early deficit to turn down Heat
- Kobe leads Lakers with 20, but Suns hold on
- Williams returns, powers Nets past Celtics
- Clippers sign veteran F Jackson to contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Auburn Tigers Full-Size Crossover Basketball