Pierce must heed conditions while facing charge
ADEL, Iowa - A judge says former Iowa basketball player Pierre Pierce can travel to Illinois to attend a camp in preparation for next month's NBA draft.
Pierce, of the Chicago suburb of Westmont, is charged with assaulting his former girlfriend at her West Des Moines apartment in January. His trial is set for August.
At a hearing Friday, Judge Gregory Hulse denied the state's motion to revoke Pierce's bond after new evidence surfaced he made more than 200 phone calls to the woman in March and April, violating a no-contact order.
The judge placed conditions on Pierce's attendance at the NBA camp, to be held in Chicago. They include posting a $30,000 cash bond, that he stay with his parents in the Chicago area and that he submit a plan outlining his supervision while attending the camp.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Heat erase 2nd-half deficit, take down Pacers
- Sources: Lakers no longer shopping Gasol
- Davis (broken hand) back in Pelicans' lineup
- Knicks' Chandler returns, starts vs. Bucks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Iowa Hawkeyes Basketball Black Performance Polo