Ham had pleaded guilty to domestic violence
Deneitra Ham also was sentenced to 30 hours of community service and an anger management program. She must stay away from drugs and alcohol during probation and pay a fine, deputy court administrator Lorna Skipworth said. Ham had pleaded guilty to domestic violence.
Deneitra Ham was arrested March 18 after authorities were called to the couple's Rochester Hills home in suburban Detroit and told she had struck her husband on the head with a bottle during a dispute. Darvin Ham was bleeding but refused medical treatment.
Darvin Ham said he did not wish to press charges, but Oakland County sheriffs' deputies took her into custody under a Michigan law allowing police to make an arrest if the officer has reasonable cause to believe an assault has taken place.
Ham plays forward for the Pistons, who trail the San Antonio Spurs 3-2 in the NBA Finals.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs pummeled by Pistons in 23-point defeat
- KG pulls a Stephenson, blows in West's ear
- Lakers add rookie forward Black off waivers
- Dirk into 8th on NBA scoring list, razzes Kobe
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Dirk Answers The Call
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.