Suns would also get conditional pick
The Phoenix Suns and New York Knicks are in serious talks about a trade that would send Quentin Richardson and a conditional future first-round pick to the Knicks for Kurt Thomas two league sources said.
However, both sources claim that the trade hasn't been completed.
The trade, if it is consummated, would be a good one for both teams. Thomas can provide the Suns more toughness in the paint. He also can play center, allowing the Suns to move Amare Stoudemire back to his natural position at the four. The deal would also clear some cap space, long term, for the Suns, who must re-sign Joe Johnson this summer.
The Knicks have a log jam at the four and have been trying to move Thomas for a month. Richardson will be a good fit in the Knicks offense. He'd give Stephon Marbury a good shooter to kick it to on penetration. He'd also give the Knicks a swing man who can post up and rebound.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- S. Sterling wins tentative ruling on Clips sale
- Jordan rules: 'Cool' with No. 23 for LeBron
- Sources: Wolves eye PF Young if Love dealt
- Poll: LeBron's reputation near pre-Decision level
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony #7 Game Time Royal T-Shirt