Blatche out of hospital after attempted carjacking
"He is doing very well, and we are very encouraged by his progress," Wizards president of basketball operations Ernie Grunfeld said.
The 19-year-old forward was shot once in the chest early Sunday morning while riding in a car near his home in Alexandria, Va.
Blatche, from Connecticut's South Kent Prep School, was the 49th overall pick in this year's NBA draft.
The Wizards open training camp next Tuesday in Richmond, Va. Regarding Blatche's status, Grunfeld said, "At this time it is too early to determine a timetable for his return to action."
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- NBPA elects 1st big league female union chief
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- Griz remove interim tag from GM Wallace
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Kids' Washington Wizards Primary Logo Red Long Sleeve Shirt