Report: Grizzlies extend West's contract two years
Jerry West has agreed to a 2-year contract extension as President of Basketball Operations with the Memphis Grizzlies, ESPN's Jim Gray reports.
West, 67, was entering his final year with the Grizzlies.
West, a Hall of Famer who has won NBA titles with the Lakers as a coach and an executive, has been with the Grizzlies since 2002. He was general manager of the Lakers from 1982 through 1994 and executive vice president from 1994 through 2000, winning eight titles with the team as a consultant or executive.
West was voted into the National Basketball Hall of Fame in 1980 as a player. A 14-time All-Star, he led the NBA in scoring in 1969-70 and won an NBA title in 1972.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo will do 'whatever' Phil says for title shot
- Report: Biceps injury to sideline Cavs' Irving
- Warriors edge Blazers on Thompson's late 3
- Davis' 40 points, 21 boards power Pelicans
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Memphis Grizzlies Zach Randolph Replica Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey