Nuggets' Nene hurts right knee early in opener
He was not expected to return in the game.
Nene was helped off the floor with about 2 minutes left in the quarter after falling while the Spurs' Tim Duncan stole the ball from him.
Nene was scoreless and had two turnovers in about 2 minutes of play.
The Nuggets said the Brazilian player, now in his fourth NBA season, will be examined by a team doctor on Wednesday morning in Denver.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.