Miller arrested for missing court date for traffic citation
Detective John White said police arrested Miller on Wednesday at the request of the Colorado State Patrol. Miller had gone to the Denver sheriff's car pound to retrieve a vehicle stolen from him when he was found to have an outstanding warrant from the State Patrol, police said.
Police were called around 1 p.m., and Miller was released around 4:45 p.m., police said.
Nuggets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe said he believed the citation was for speeding and said Miller probably forgot his court date.
"I've done it before, when I missed a court date," he said. "Andre is an extremely responsible person. But you've got to take care of your traffic tickets."
Miller played in the Nuggets' 99-97 overtime loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in Denver Wednesday night, scoring 11 points.
Vandeweghe said Miller was on time for the game.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Lopez has broken bone in foot, out for Nets
- Thunder tame Spurs, take home 9th in row
- Noah regretful but calls Perkins 'angry dude'
- Buzzworthy: Charlotte unveils Hornets logo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Denver Nuggets Kenneth Faried Big Color Collection Navy Basketball Jersey