Nowitzki hit with $1,000 fine for flagrant foul
The league uses a points system to dole out suspensions for flagrant fouls. When a player reaches five points, an automatic one-game suspension is invoked. Nowitzki now has two points.
A flagrant-two is described in the NBA rulebook as being unnecessary and aggressive.
A flagrant-two also carries with it an automatic ejection and a $1,000 fine. The ejection, however, cannot be carried over to the next game.
Nowitski scored 16 points in Wednesday's loss.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Griz's Calathes banned 20 for drug violation
- Sources: Woodson 'bracing' for the worst
- Silver: Making NBA age limit 20 top priority
- Kupchak says Kobe, Lakers on same page
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Dallas Mavericks Dirk Nowitzki #41 Blue Revolution 30 Swingman Jersey