Cavs forward Newble out another four to six weeks
CLEVELAND -- Cavaliers forward Ira Newble, who has yet to play this season because of a foot injury, will be sidelined for another four to six weeks.
Newble has had plantar fasciitis in his right foot since training camp.
On Friday, the 29-year-old player received high energy shockwave treatment on the foot in Pittsburgh, the Cavaliers said. The procedure was performed by Edward Snell, the Pirates' team doctor.
Newble made 69 starts for Cleveland last season. Regarded as one of the team's top defenders, he averaged 5.9 points and 3.0 rebounds.
The Cavaliers signed Newble as a free agent in 2003.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson to Knicks by end of week
- Bynum to make Pacers debut against Celtics
- 76ers lose 17th straight at hands of Knicks
- Heat seal playoff spot behind Wade, LeBron
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Kids' Cleveland Cavaliers Primary Logo Burgundy Long Sleeve Shirt