Martin still hasn't recovered from offseason surgery
DENVER -- Denver forward Kenyon Martin sat out the Nuggets' game against Minnesota on Sunday night because of a sore knee that still hasn't fully recovered from an offseason operation.
Martin has limped through the better part of Denver's first six games. He's averaged 14.2 points and 5.3 rebounds -- not far below his numbers from last season -- but his minutes have been down.
Coach George Karl didn't estimate how long Martin might miss.
"It's a sore knee," Karl said. "He is frustrated, we are frustrated. We're being conservative with what we do on it and how we manage it."
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
- Sources: Rockets can't make Asik deal now
- LeBron atop newest list of NBA jersey sales
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Denver Nuggets Ty Lawson Replica Revolution 30 Yellow Basketball Jersey