Mavs guard Christie out indefinitely with sore ankle
DALLAS -- Mavericks guard Doug Christie missed Dallas' game against the Atlanta Hawks on Thursday night, and will be sidelined indefinitely after returning to his home in Seattle to have his sore right ankle examined by his personal physician.
Christie has been having problems with the ankle despite starting Dallas' first seven games this season.
A free-agent signing by Dallas during the summer, Christie had bone spurs removed from his right ankle during the offseason. The defensive specialist is averaging 2.6 points and 1.9 rebounds this season.
Marquis Daniels replaced him in the starting lineup against the Hawks.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Pacers' George: Ready to live up to pressure
- Bosh admits he was 'close' to leaving Heat
- Ginobili has stress fracture, to skip World Cup
- Rose acknowledges tension with Bulls, circle
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Adidas Men's Dallas Mavericks Stack Grey Tri-blend T-shirt