Rockets' Sura to undergo surgery on ruptured disc
The back surgery was performed in Miami by Dr. Barth Green, Rockets spokesman Nelson Luis said.
The team didn't have a timetable for Sura's return.
Last season, Sura, in his first in Houston and 10th in the NBA, averaged 10.3 points and set career highs with 5.5 rebounds and 5.2 assists in 61 games, including 59 starts. He had arthroscopic surgery Sept. 29 to remove loose particles from his right knee, and had been inactive.
Guard Rafer Alston missed his third straight game Tuesday. The Rockets had initially said he was sideline with a bruised lower right leg, but now say Alston has a hairline fracture in his fibula. He's listed as day-to-day.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Short-handed Spurs slip past Curry, Warriors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Houston Rockets Grey Knit Hat