Cavs waive Hamilton, avoid paying full season salary
Hamilton averaged 2.3 points and 4.2 minutes in 11 games for the Cavs, who signed him to a non-guaranteed contract before the season. Cavs coach Mike Brown said there was a possibility Hamilton could re-join the club on a 10-day contract.
Before playing the Houston Rockets, the club also activated forward Sasha Pavlovic, who has been out since spraining his left ankle during practice last month. Pavlovic is averaging 1.9 points in 12 games this season.
The 30-year-old Hamilton played in 45 games for Philadelphia last season. He has also played for Toronto, Denver and the Los Angeles Clippers.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe, Magic challenge Lakers' management
- Nets withstand Heat in another 1-point win
- Aldridge hurts back in fall; X-rays negative
- Griffin, Clips dump Warriors; streak hits 9
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Cleveland Cavaliers Stacked Logo Tri-Blend Grey T-Shirt