Yao starts workouts, eyes return in 2-3 weeks
HOUSTON -- Houston center Yao Ming has begun light workouts and said he expects to return to action in two to three weeks after surgery on an infected big toe.
Yao said the Dec. 19 surgery on his left foot relieved tremendous pain, but also said the prospect of surgery made him nervous about hurting his career.
"My toe before the surgery hurt me every time I step on the floor, particularly with the basketball shoes and the tape on my ankle," Yao told Houston television station KRIV.
Yao is now getting antibiotics via an IV in his left arm, and doctors plan to remove the IV in about a week, he said.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.