Daniels to miss at least two weeks with strained neck
Daniels was hurt Dec. 15 on a flagrant foul by Phoenix center Kurt Thomas. He missed the next two games, played one, then missed three more. He came back for four games, then reaggravated the injury Thursday and hasn't played since.
"We just want to give it time to settle down," Dallas coach Avery Johnson said before a game Saturday night against Minnesota. "That hit he took from Kurt Thomas was pretty, pretty hard. He tried to come back, but is still pretty sore."
Daniels is averaging 12.3 points, 4.3 rebounds and 3.1 assists in 34.4 minutes over 27 games.
A two-week layoff would mean a return during a five-game road trip played mostly on the West Coast.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Silver: Making NBA age limit 20 top priority
- Sources: Woodson 'bracing' for the worst
- Hibbert: Wrong move to call out teammates
- O'Neal will start for injured Bogut vs. Clips
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Dallas Mavericks Dirk Nowitzki #41 Revolution 30 Replica Light Royal Basketball Jersey