Daniels to miss at least two weeks with strained neck
Daniels was hurt Dec. 15 on a flagrant foul by Phoenix center Kurt Thomas. He missed the next two games, played one, then missed three more. He came back for four games, then reaggravated the injury Thursday and hasn't played since.
"We just want to give it time to settle down," Dallas coach Avery Johnson said before a game Saturday night against Minnesota. "That hit he took from Kurt Thomas was pretty, pretty hard. He tried to come back, but is still pretty sore."
Daniels is averaging 12.3 points, 4.3 rebounds and 3.1 assists in 34.4 minutes over 27 games.
A two-week layoff would mean a return during a five-game road trip played mostly on the West Coast.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.