Stojakovic aggravates back injury in Kings win
Stojakovic, Sacramento's second-leading scorer, went to the bench with 2:58 left in the third quarter and did not return. He said after the game he re-injured a protruding disc in his lower back that has bothered him since late December. Stojakovic sat out the Kings' 105-95 loss to Dallas on Dec. 22.
Sacramento coach Rick Adelman did not know how serious the injury was after Wednesday's game. The Kings play New Orleans on Friday.
"It tightened up on him," Adelman said. "Hopefully, he'll be OK by Friday."
Stojakovic scored three points and had seven rebounds against the Rockets.
"It's coming from a nerve in my back," Stojakovic said of his injury. "We'll see. It's day to day."
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Love trade talks narrowed to Cavs
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Stern praises Silver for handling of Sterling
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Houston Rockets Padded Swivel Bar Stool with Back