Medvedenko has back surgery, likely out for season
The 26-year-old Medvedenko, a five-year NBA veteran, was a member of the Lakers' championship teams in 2001-02. He has career averages of 5.4 points and 2.9 rebounds in 249 games.
Medvedenko was injured during the Lakers' 88-74 loss at Minnesota on Nov. 9. He played in just two games this season.
The operation was performed by Dr. William Dillin at the Centinela Freeman Marina Hospital.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.